Change Control Window:
Routine code and database changes to production occur between 4 and 5 PM Pacific on every work day that precedes another work day (i.e. Monday - Thursday in a normal work week),
In a work week that has no holidays, code is deployed to production on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. No code is deployed on Friday.
In a work week that has a holiday on Thursday, code is pushed to production on Monday and Tuesday.
Normal Code Migration:
- IT tags and deploys code on the routine day
- If the code has been checked into version control that code will be migrated.
Note there is no need to send a ticket or other wise notify ITS of a normal code deployment
Emergency Code Migration:.
- Notify ITS of the emergency change and mark the ticket as High priority.
- The supervisor or director of group requesting the change is required to be cc'd on emails or otherwise notified of the emergency change.
- An email will be sent to the Drupal Users listserv alerting everyone to the emergency change.
Unless the problem is causing a loss of functionality on a production webiste, all emergency changes need to go through a 24 hour QA period on staging.