Drupal is a completely free website development tool that allows you to easily create, update and manage a website without requiring a lot of technical know-how. And that's not the half of it. Let's get started.
Meet the Web Starter Kit 2.0
We were blown away by the demand for the UCSF Starter kit. What started as 2 sites in January of last year is now a package that is used by over 200 websites at UCSF! We've heard what needed to be improved (editing, image handling, getting profiles and publication data into sites) and built some new cool features into our starter kit.
The UCSF Web Starter Kit is a collection of UCSF-approved, customizable, stable and secure website templates that you can start using for your department, progam or lab right now. Even better — thanks to Information Technology Services — the templates and hosting are absolutely free.
Curious about what the templates look like? You're on one right now. drupal.ucsf.edu uses the Starter Kit Template in blue with orange accents. Looks good, doesn't it? Learn more about the Web Starter Kit.
Using this site.
The purpose of this site is to provide basic information and training about Drupal at UCSF. Please identify yourself so we can best serve you.
- Drupal Newbie looking to learn more about the Web Starter Kit and/or Drupal in general.
- Content Manager with some writing, editing or file upload needs.
- Site Administrator with some permissions, passwords and configuration needs.
- Developer or Systems Admin with some high-tech needs.
- What does all this Drupal jargon mean anyway?