Good news! ITS is subsidizing hosting services for the UCSF community. If the Drupal Web Starter Kit does not meet your needs, or if you have an existing Drupal site that you'd like to migrate to the ITS servers, please read on:
What is included:
Routine hosting services
- Server patching
- Monitoring and manage overall health infrastructure to verify resource availability and capacity
- Keeping Drupal patched
- Keeping standard modules patched
- Monitoring health of sites
- Running nightly database backup
- Managing version control
- Managing regular code deployments
- Keep SAML infrastructure available
Hosting services (provided on request)
- The UCSF Starter Kit and UCSF Site Builder (new) are both starting points that help you create UCSF branded websites with approved identity colors, fonts and other treatments.
- Creating a site skeleton
- empty database
- empty multi-site folder
- settings file configured to point at that database
- set up domain access on host
- Giving access to Git environment
- Move database to development
- Migrate files systems
- Migrate databases between development/staging/production
- Updating site via Drush
- Making DNS requests on behalf of clients
How to request a new Drupal site:
To request a new site please either create a ticket at https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/web_requests.do
You will need to have the following information ready.
- The primary contact (owner) for the website
- The techincal contact for the website (optional)
- The full name of the website (example: Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity website)
- The URL for the new website (example: diversity.ucsf.edu)
OK I've requested my site, what's next?
- You should be contacted by ITS about your Drupal training needs.
- You'll want to chat with other people using Drupal at UCSF so join the Drupal Users listserv!
- If you are using UCSF Chatter there is also a Drupal Chatter Group.
- Someone is going to want to learn how to manage and edit content with Drupal.
- If you are a site adminstrator or content editor, you'll want to vist our site administrator information.
- If you are a developer you'll want to visit our developer information.
- If you aren't a developer, but you want some one to build custom features for your website you might want to contact a drupal contractor.